LinkedIn is a fantastic website in which to broadcast your brand. There are three components for building a sturdy Personal Branding approach: a passive, an active and a proactive strategy.
In this article we focus on the “ingredients” for the passive component.
|1||Having an attractive LinkedIn Profile|
|2||For everybody: using Rich Media Content to build the Know, Like, Trust factor further||The most useful Rich Media Content are:|
3If you are in marketing, sales or recruiting: using Rich Media Content as a lead generation tool
- Give useful tips to enhance your Know, Like, Trust factor
- Avoid selling
- Lead people to your website for even more free tips
4Be a member of Groups that interest you
- Use your goal as a starting point to find the right Groups for you
- Next to the Groups Directory, also use Similar Groups and Groups You May Like
- Find other Groups of interest in the profiles of other LinkedIn users
5If you run your own company or are responsible for marketing or recruiting: Create a Company page, including your products/services
- Describe succinctly and clearly what your organization stands for in the “Overview”
- Use the “Products and Services” pages as a free display
- Use YouTube and promotional opportunities
The benefits of implementing the “ingredients” of this passive strategy are:
- Be found by other people via LinkedIn.
- Be found via search engines.
- Provides a foundation for your active and proactive strategies.
An extensive description of the Personal Branding passive strategy can be found in the book “How to REALLY use LinkedIn”, with a FREE download at www.reallyconnect.com
To your success,
LinkedIn Expert | Speaker | Trainer | Mentor
PS: Looking for more LinkedIn tips? Use one or more of the 10 strategies to find the people you are looking for via the bestselling book “How to REALLY use LinkedIn”
(a FREE download is available at www.reallyconnect.com).