LinkedIn has been offering a Company Profile for a while, but not many organizations actually use it to showcase themselves. That’s a pity because they don’t benefit from the (mostly) free visibility a Company Profile provides.
Here are 8 items to take into account when creating a Company Profile.
Overview page (free)
- Use a banner: spice up [your] corporate branding.
- Company description: use this field wisely! This is not only the first thing people see when they visit the Company Profile, but the first three lines are also shown in each employee’s profile when someone hovers over the company name or logo. Remember to include specialties, website, HQ, industry, type and address.
- Recent updates: as on your personal profile you can broadcast updates, but this time for the company. Most often used for new jobs, announcements, blogs, etc.
The advantage on this page is that you only have to set it up once.
Careers page (paid)
- Jobs: if you post a job on LinkedIn, it will appear on this page as well. In other words, your job listing doesn’t only benefit from being found in the job section, but also on this page.
- Premium page: for companies that want to take it a step further. You can use video, employee testimonials and other visually attractive features that help to showcase your job openings in a more visual way.
- If you don’t post a job: only a number of employees will be shown.
Products and Services page (free)
- Overview page: you can use product/service pictures, feature products and services and use YouTube videos to create your own products/services showcase. You can even create different versions of this page for different profiles of visitors.
- Products and services page: use a picture, a key list of features, a YouTube video and a promotion for each product or service. LinkedIn makes it very easy to set up a page for each product or service; satisfied customers can even recommend on which to choose.
Remember that LinkedIn is a website with a high Page Rank in Google and other search engines. This means that its pages appear at the top of search results.
Make sure your organization benefits as well by creating an attractive Company Profile!
To your success,
LinkedIn Expert | Speaker | Trainer | Mentor
PS: Looking for more LinkedIn tips? Use one or more of the 20 strategies on how to leverage LinkedIn throughout your organization. You can learn more about them via the bestselling book“How to REALLY use LinkedIn” (a FREE download is available at www.reallyconnect.com).